Position: Test Engineer – Automated Test Engineering (ATE) – RF Test / Software Engineering
Yes, possible for the right candidate
$75,000 plus full benefits
Clearance: MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE
Our Test Engineering Group
in San Jose, CA, is responsible for designing and maintaining same 200 test stations that verify the operation of advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for military applications. Most of these test stations are fully automated, running custom software developed on site and maintaining test records from continuous operation for years.
We are seeking a Test Engineer
to work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer. The candidate selected for this position will design, develop, and maintain Software used to control Automated Test Equipment. This will include decomposing customer requirements, reviewing test plans, estimating software execution time, defining required test equipment, documenting software operation, following change control procedures, generating/maintaining test record databases and converting Test Software to run on modern Operating Systems.
- Development of RF-Test Automation Software and Test Stations.
- Updating old Test Software to run on new systems.
- Documenting Test Station Configuration, Test Procedures and Test Software.
- Debugging RF-Test Automation Software and Test Stations.
- Evaluating new test equipment and procedures.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering (or completed Associates degree and 10+ year’s directly related experience in Test Software).
- Knowledge in the areas of software engineering and/or RF electronics.
- Technology studies or direct work experience with computer/database programming concepts.
- Proficient in the use of electrical and RF test equipment.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain & maintain a US DoD Security Clearance is required.
- MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO HAVE SECRET CLEARANCE
***Contact Matt Friend directly at 858.263.2877 and send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with knowledge in the areas of software engineering and/or RF test.
- Experience working with RF and communications equipment in K, Ka and V bands
- Familiar with automated testing methods and tools.
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing.
- Experience in SQL database design and management.
- Experience developing software in Keysight-Vee or LabVIEW