Test Engineer III - RF/Microwave
We are seeking a Test Engineer III to plan, design, develop and integrate automated test software for RF/Microwave products; develop test tools such as databases, control systems and algorithms; collaborate with Design Engineers on test fixtures and equipment including completion of specifications and procedures for new products; plan the labor, schedules and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices; troubleshoots systems and equipment , prepare software test and diagnostic programs; performs work of high complexity. This position is located in San Diego and no relocation is available.
- Responsible for automating Radio Frequency (RF)/Microwave testing; assist RF/Microwave engineers in identifying new equipment and/or test methods.
- Coordinate test activities between RF, Digital and Test groups; review test results with production and quality assurance staff for compliance.
- Develop software tools to automate design activities including test software and device drivers.
- Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) based on test requirements and user inputs.
- Design and build test set-ups and test unit interfaces; integrate software with test instrumentation; implement communication protocols to support the unit under test
- Develop data analysis tools for Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other activities; support motion control and manufacturing automation.
- Ensure specifications and inspection standards used in deliverables are consistent with applicable program requirements.
- Develop documents including software development, integration and testing
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in the work area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities within work and other areas to enhance cross-functional problem-solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program.
- All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five years’ experience as software programmer.
- Minimum three years’ experience in electrical design or test support with RF or Microwave component or system producer.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Experience with macro programming with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Experience with Labwindows/CVI.