The role of the Classified LAN System Administrator is to ensure the classified LAN is compliant with relevant Government security procedures as well as oversee the system architecture, backups, and day-to-day network performance. Minimize system vulnerabilities and developing security related implementation guidelines and procedures to ensure the security, reliability and accessibility of classified IT networks, test equipment and data; collaborate with Facility Security Officer and serve as point of contact for company Information Security issues for multiple classified networks and IS systems; coordinate and conduct technical security testing, audits and vulnerability assessments; participate in and provide guidance into the design and implementation of appropriate operational and technical controls and policies; provide technical assistance to the Security Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
Implement and administer Information Systems security measures, in accordance with facility and Government procedures.
- Develop, implement and audit Information Security plans, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that IS systems are covered by the facility Configuration Management Program, as necessary.
- Implement facility procedures including marking, handling, controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing and destroying media and equipment containing classified information.
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of the IS to periodically verify that security features and operating controls are functional and effective.
- Responsible for Classified LAN System Architecture and design; product evaluation and selection as well as Hardware installation and configuration
- Installation of Windows Server and desktop operating systems and related COTS products
- Implementing and maintaining Windows infrastructure included domain controllers, group policy, sql server, Microsoft Development Toolkit and Windows Server Update Services
- Monitoring system performance to support capacity planning; implement and monitor system backups and disaster recovery
- Troubleshooting network and operating system problems while evaluating and effectively communicating complex system problem identification and resolution.
- Maintaining awareness of and participate in planning and execution of upgrades and patches for operating systems and COTS software
- Managing end of service life status on all hardware and software and developing mitigation plans as needed
- Evaluating system hardware and processes and implement process improvements
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the goal of zero accidents and injuries.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Investigates Information Systems Security violations and prepare reports specifying corrective action;
- Evaluates all active user Id’s are revalidated at a minimum annually; evaluate proposed changes or additions to the IS and advise the ISSM of their security relevance.
- Five (5) years of security experience, with demonstrated understanding of technical aspects of information systems security, network operations and architectures; exposure to SAR and SAP environment, highly desirable; Bachelor of Arts degree in Information Systems or related field, required.
- Extensive Windows system administration experience supporting multiple servers in a diverse client/server computing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Development Toolkit and Windows Server Update Services
- Windows server 2008 administration experience (minimum version) with experience with Windows Group Policy settings is required
- Experience in Linux (Red Hat) computer systems administration is required
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend complex written instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to create and use sophisticated financial modeling;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
***Contact Matt Friend directly if you are qualified and interested. 858.263.2877 and send resume to email@example.com