Information Assurance / Network Engineer / IT Security Specialist
San Jose, CA
We are seeking an IT Computer Security Specialist
to be focused in the areas of IT Security with special emphasis on software integration between engineering software and security protocols required by DSS on classified IS systems. Successful candidate will have the desire to continue growing and learning in the Information Assurance and Security Field along with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills. Position is full-time hourly. This position is located in San Jose, and no relocation is available.
- Develop and maintain an IS Security Program
- Develop and work with Software Engineers in assuring Systems that are deployed interface properly with specialized software developed by Engineers.
- Review bulletins and advisories that impact the security posture of information systems under your purview
- Ensure all IS Users receive the necessary Information Assurance and Security Training
- Develop and maintain (keep current) all information system certification / accreditation documentation in accordance with mandated policies
- Coordinate all external information systems audits and reviews
- Update Anti-Virus, Host Based Security Systems and Software Patches as required on a continual basis and update POA/M as required
- Review systems security posture and audit logs periodically to ensure compliance with a C/A documentation package
Develop procedures for responding to security incidents and investigating and reporting security violations and incidents as appropriate
- Develop and implement change management policy and procedures for authorizing use of hardware / software on an information system
- Ensure systems and data are protected, operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices as outlined in the certification and accreditation document package
- Train all personnel in the use of all IT equipment
- MIS or Computer Science degree (ideal) and/or a minimum of 3 years hands of system(s) functions, security policies, technical security safeguards and operational security measures
- Certification in Security+ and/or Network+
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Networking skills: TCP/IP, Ports, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Switch/Router configuration and Security
- Experience with current best practices for Information Assurance and System / Network Security
- Experience with documentation and tools such as: NISPOM, DOD 8500 Series, NIST Special Publications (800-53, 800-37, etc.); SNAC Guides, DISA STIGs, WSUS, ePolicy Orchestrator, etc.
- Experience working in a secured environment
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE:
- In order to be eligible for this role you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- CISM, GSLC, CISA, CJEH, CCNA, EJNSA, Microsoft Certification, Red Hat Certification
- Time and Project Management skills
- Technical Writing