Secret Cleared - IT Equipment Support Engineer
MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE OR ABOVE
Location - Point Loma - San Diego - SPAWAR
Fleet and T&E Information Technology (IT) Support: configure and maintain IT systems used for in the Fleet and for T&E at SSC Pacific. IT equipment at SSC Pacific includes three ruggedized laptops per UUV (Unmanned Underwater Vehicle) system, up to four Post Mission Analysis (PMA) Computers per system, and various other computers used for specialized sensor packages. The employee shall maintain 30-40 computers at SSC Pacific.
- Assist, when necessary, with the assembly and construction of IT equipment for SSC Pacific.
- Assist with the design, implementation, installation, and technical support for all networked devices/systems utilizing Ethernet and Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE).
- Troubleshoot IT equipment at SSC Pacific as necessary.
- Work with the MK 18 Kingfish FoS Software Support Activity (SSA) to track and manage configurations of IT equipment used at Fleet activities.
- Assist the UUV operators with archiving and managing test data on data storage units.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience managing IT equipment for the DoD (Navy ideally)
- 2 years of demonstrated experience with Fiber Channel over Ethernet FCoE equipment.
- 2 years of experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Capable of working aboard large ships and within Fleet installations.
- Must have ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Navy experience a plus
- UUV experience a plus
Keywords: Navy, DOD, Department of Defense IT, Information Technology, Hardware, Software, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, FCoE