Top Secret Cleared - ISSO - Information Systems Security Officer
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) is responsible for ensuring the implementation and adherence to the Security Program developed by our Information Security Managers (ISSM). The primary ISSO responsibility will be Writing and maintaining System Security Plans (SSP's) and associated certification & accreditation documentation which includes:
- Serving as the principal adviser on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of the IS.
- Ensuring the Information System (IS) and components are operated, used, maintained and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices.
- Ensuring that users are indoctrinated and familiar with internal security practices before access to the IS is granted.
- Ensuring the IS remains certified and accredited with no lapses in approvals to operate
- Ensuring users and system support personnel have the required security clearances, authorization and need-to-know.
- User account management (account creation, deletion and password changes).
- Having detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS.
- Support for the ICD 503 and NIST policy documentation and processes for security authorization using the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Developing and providing AIS briefings and security education and training.
- Top Secret Clearance (TS) - Must be active - TS/SCI would be ideal
- 3+ years as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Experience administering: various operating systems security (Windows, Linux, etc.); intrusion detection products and authentication technologies; various regulations related to information security such as: NISCAP, DITSCAP/DIACAP, NISPOM, JAFAN, DCID 6/3, ICD 503, etc.); various COMSEC devices (STE, SecureFax, TACLAN, SKL, KIK-20, etc.).
- CISSP is ideal