Pasadena Office based position to provide professional HPR (Highly Protected Risk) loss control services to internal and external clients. Coordinates and conducts loss control management evaluations, physical surveys and loss analysis to assist Underwriting in their evaluation of risk. Provide loss control technical support to departments such as Underwriting, Claims and Client Solutions. Coordinate loss control activities on assigned accounts ensuring service plans are maintained and data quality is accurate, responding to customer requests / needs and supporting Underwriting, Client Solutions, and claims at renewal and during the policy period.
Essential Job Functions:
- Office based resource to Underwriting and Client Solutions departments in Pasadena.
- Performs loss control surveys of prospects and clients on request for underwriting information and evaluation from a loss control viewpoint for desirability.
- Coordinates loss control service to select clients requiring defined service standards.
- Prepares reports for clients, Underwriting, and Branch offices concerning the property loss control features in effect, including water supply analysis, conditions noted, as well as recommendations for improvement and future needs.
- Assists in the development and presentation of programs and training seminars for clients and other departments in the Company.
- Responds to special requests from Underwriting Department and clients with prior approval from Loss Control Department Management.
- Develops and maintains Taurus data quality / Loss Control service instructions for multi-location clients coordinated by Loss Control.
- Completes all work scheduled in regular service assignments or requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains membership and actively participates in professional organizations approved by Management and Departmental standards guidelines.
- Utilizes PC programs (Hydraulic Analysis, Presentation Software, etc.) in preparing presentations for prospects and clients.
- Plans and performs work scheduling in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Travels to client locations for office visits and meetings, and conducts business meetings in various offices nationwide as necessary.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred - Engineering / Science focus strongly preferred.
- Five years experience servicing major accounts (multi-locations and $100,000 premium and up).
- Possesses a specialty in HPR loss control.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, including group presentation skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office, ability to learn new systems
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct visits to client locations.
- Open to 25% overnight travel.
If interested and qualified, contact Matt Friend and send resume directly to email@example.com and call directly 858.263.2877