The Naval Architect either Structural Hydrodynamics oriented is responsible for supporting the resolution of Naval Architectural engineering issues on new construction, Maintenance, Repair and Conversion projects. The Naval Architect/Structural Engineer will participate in all phases such projects including: design preparations, project and procurement planning, engineering and engineering execution. These responsibilities ensure that the goals and objectives of engineering projects are accomplished within the prescribed engineering plans, schedules and budgets and that the work is in complete satisfaction of the requirements.
• Duties should also include reviewing structural calculations, key plans and assembly drawings provided by sub-contract Design Firms for correctness, accuracy and compliance with the Job Specification, Shipyard standards, applicable Regulatory or classification society and flag state requirements.
• This position is also responsible for liaising with external partner design teams to ensure that the vessel’s design model is developed in accordance with the current equipment information and the production design schedule, standards and procedures.
• Provides comprehensive discipline expertise in other areas of Naval Architecture by reviewing proposals, scopes of work, establishing budgets and schedules to ensure contract design requirements are met.
• Works with technical staff for drawing issuance and design calculations to ensure timely completion of engineering deliverables.
• Develops and/or reviews specifications and design documents for commercial and naval vessels in order to achieve customer, Classification Society and regulatory approval.Required Skills:
• Naval Architect/Structural Engineering Degree is required. • 5 plus years of Marine Naval Architect/Structural Engineering experience • Experience with developing and reviewing Marine Structural type drawings, calculations and analyses. • Experience using AutoCad to develop Marine Structural type drawings.
We are also looking for Marine Engineers. We offer $500 for any referrals that work out. Contact Matt Friend at 858-263-2877 and send resume to email@example.com